DUI LAWYER UTAH
“When I was a prosecutor, I saw the impact a DUI could have on someone’s life. From losing your job, to losing your freedom, a DUI is nothing to take on alone. Most of the attorneys at our firm are former DUI prosecutors. We have gone through the police training on aspects of DUI’s, and have collectively handled thousands of DUI cases. It is my promise to you that we will fight on your behalf, that we will never take you or your case for granted, and that we will be here for you whenever you need us.”
Joshua S. Baron
Founding Partner, Sharifi & Baron PLLC
Recent DUI Victories
- Our client was pulled over at a DUI checkpoint and arrested after the field sobriety tests. He tested later on a breathalyzer machine over the legal limit, but we felt the FSTs were performed incorrectly. We filed a motion to suppress all the evidence in the case and argued for three hours in court over the motion. The judge finally sided with us, the evidence was suppressed, and the case against our client was dismissed.
- Our client was facing a felony DUI and looking at 0 to 5 years in the Utah State Prison. Through two and a half years of fighting the case and after half a dozen motions and arguments and over twenty court hearings, the prosecution caved and gave our client the deal we were looking for: a misdemeanor with no additional jail time.
- Our client was pulled over and the officer suspected he had recently been smoking marijuana. Drug dogs were called and our client was made to sit on the curb for over an hour while his car was turned inside out, with no drugs found. The officers obtained a warrant and took our client’s blood. We felt the entire procedure violated our client’s Fourth Amendment rights. After arguing two motions before two different judges, the blood was thrown out of court, and our client’s case dismissed.
If you have been arrested or charged with Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol and/or Drugs (DUI), you need a team of the best DUI lawyers in Utah to defend you. Defending a DUI is not taught in law school and most attorneys are not trained or experienced enough to handle them effectively.
At Sharifi & Baron, our DUI defense attorneys are former prosecutors who have handled hundreds of Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol and/or Drugs cases. We have received some of the same training as DUI police officers and we are not afraid to fight for you.
We have been successful at helping our clients get great results in their cases and we are ready to put our experience to work for you. Every case is different, which is why it is important to put an experienced team of DUI lawyers in Utah to work on your case right away.
Driving Under the Influence Penalties
The penalties for Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol and/or Drugs can have a huge impact on your life. You can’t afford to take a DUI case lightly. DUI penalties can include:
- Driver license suspensions of between 90 days and two years
- Jail/community service terms of from 2 days to one year for misdemeanor DUIs
- A minimum jail term of 62 days for a felony DUI
- Substance abuse treatment
- Thousands of dollars in fines
- Ignition interlock requirement
Aggressive DUI Defense
Our team of DUI defense attorneys will fight to ensure that the best result possible is attained in your case. We do not attempt to simply plea bargain and take the first deal reached with the prosecution, but fight for a dismissal. Only after all options to get the case dismissed are explored do we sit down with our clients and decide whether a deal is worth taking or whether the case is best set for a trial and fought in the courtroom.
An experienced DUI defense attorney can identify police mistakes, unreliable breath, blood, and urine tests, and other legal issues that often make the difference between successful and unsuccessful results in DUI cases. If you are facing DUI charges, you must ensure that you hire attorneys who are successful and experienced in defending DUI cases.
Most attorneys only dabble in DUI and are not equipped, trained, or experienced enough to handle the complex legal and scientific nature of most DUI cases. As former prosecutors, we are intimately familiar with the process police officers go through to make an arrest. We will make sure that if the police made a mistake, you won’t have to pay for it.
Free Consultation & Payment Plans Available
We offer flexible payment plans designed to fit your unique situation. Call now for a free consultation and speak with an experienced DUI attorney right away.
Call us toll free at (801) 656-1901 for a free initial consultation on your case. If trying to reach us during evening or weekend hours, please fill out the form on this page and an attorney will contact you within 24 hours.